(This post may contain affiliate links. For details read the Disclosures Page)
Hello! And it is off to Iceland we go! Today we are off on what turned out to be our Babymoon. We booked the trip prior to knowing our little guy was on his way; but what better way to celebrate his impending arrival but with another international trip? As I’m packed and we are off, I figured why not put together a list of my favorite travel items?!
First, my top packing tip: the rolling method! I’m able to fit so much more in my suitcase, which is a lifesaver to this over packer. Now I know over packing isn’t the best tip, but you’d never guess how much I fit in that suitcase with the rolling method. Also, in this case, my overpacking may be helpful since the weather calls for layers. The rolling method is life changing. Try it!
Now for my Top Travel Items:
- Reading material: Lately traveling is the only time I’m able to enjoy a good read. Whether you are killing time on the plane, in the airport, enjoying a cafe or a beachside retreat; a book is a must. I guess I’m old school because I still prefer an actual book to my kindle. My latest read was We Were The Lucky Ones …you can pick it up here:
2. DSLR Camera: While I am no professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination, I still love to play around with my Canon EOS. I enjoy playing around with it and I get better shots than using my phone. Here is the one I use.
3. A Tripod: A tripod is key for any solo traveler wanting to get themselves in a few shots. Set that timer mode and go! It also helps eliminate the shake or blur from photos. Again no professional over here but I find it useful. I use a lightweight, adjustable, easy to pack one like this one.
4. Shoe bags: Have you ever used shoe bags in your suitcase? The husband introduced me to these and I’m never going back. For trips that involve sand, mud, rain or snow, I can zip up my shoes in a separate compartment, pack on top of everything else and keep the muck from getting all over my clothes. I’m all in on these. Plus since I’ve already saved room in my suitcase with the rolling method; these truly add no more bulk at all. We use ones similar to these.
5. Make up: This lipstick. While I don’t normally wear a ton of make up while traveling, a good lip color does wonders. It just makes me feel more put together even when I’m totally not. Even if this is all I manage to swipe on in the morning, I still look awake and ready to explore. Find it here!
6. Facial Moisturizer. Planes, travel, different water and diets all dry out my skin. When I’m traveling I need an intense moisturizer. My favorite is Kiehls. Nothing keeps my face from drying out quite like it. I have no doubt it will hold up to the wind, rain and potential snow we will see in Iceland. Grab it here:
7. Blanket Scarf: A cozy wrap is a must-pack for me. I freeze on airplanes and miss the days of blankets for all! This also comes in handy if the weather in your destination is cooler than expected; or if the Airbnb is lacking in blankets. A good neutral can be paired with many an outfit. Always keeping those layers in mind 😉
What are your top travel items? I’ve got more; just ask!