Sometimes you go to concerts and only know like three songs.
Sometimes you don’t know much more about an artist, other than that she’s taught me…
I’m so fancy, but you already know!!!
And since I’m basking in my fancy concert afterglow.. here are a few reasons an Iggy concert makes me happy:
1. Overalls and plaid were everywhere. You will never again catch me in overalls but the whole return of the overalls provides me endless giggles. I just want to say Oshkosh B’gosh over and over again!
2. Men wearing overalls were grinding on hand rails. What?! The creator of overalls never contemplated this…. I’m sure.
3. Fanny packs. We wore these and it was normal!
4. Iggy brought back the movie Clueless for another generation. Pretty sure the freshman here were born a year after the movie came out?? #asif
5. Eddie Murphy clips during a concert?! Yes.
6. Plaid shirts tied around waists everywhere. Yes! I can totally hide the beer baby I have going on at this concert right now…
7. We are both all about that bass. Twerk, drop it low, booty bouncing love. For 45 minutes, she can make me feel the love for my pear shape
8. She just made me want to keep the party going… with strange hats that is…
9. The opening act was all hip hop from the late 80s early 90s…. My anaconda don’t want none… you know rest Middle school dances anyone?!
10. While the concert and this post were slightly ridiculous, I felt like a college kid all over again. And what could be better than reliving some of those glory days?
As it was such a blast and treat, I’m linking up with Becky for Treat Yourself Tuesday!